The big day finally came and now it is gone. Although Christmas is always something to look forward to it feels good to have it over. On Christmas morning we did the usual wake up early and open really nice gifts that our parents got for us. Then we had a good breakfast. We had a good time but it was time to go since we had to be back in St George for work. We had a 9 hour drive ahead of us. So we packed up and headed home. This is were it got interesting. As most of you know we don't have the best of luck. We just past Filmore and were listening to Dan Brown's "Angels and Demons" when we realized that we needed to stop to get gas or we would not make it to Beaver. So we pulled off of the exit and filled the tank. As Bryan was getting in the car he noticed that the back driver side tire was low. We drove over to the air to fill it up. We pulled up behind a van who was also filling his tires. Apparently he didn't notice anyone behind him and backed right into our car. When he realized what he had done he jump out and yelled at us to turn our lights on...but they were on the entire time. He felt stupid and drove off. Luckily our car only had some small scratches. Well we pulled up to the air and we filled the tire only to hear a loud hissing sound. The tire had a pretty bad leak. So here are the pictures of us changing the tire at the Chevron in Cove Fort. It was below 8 degrees and the wind was blowing. Its just our luck to have a flat tire and get backed into at the same time as well as have it be freezing cold. Just to recap I posted the pictures of our lucky day before we left on this trip. We left for Twin Falls on Thursday night and it started to blizzard between Beaver and Cedar City. It was so bad we couldn't even see the cars in front of us. We pulled of to get a Hotel but heard that the storm was supposed to last into the next day so we turned around and canceled our trip. It took us over seven hours to get back to St. George. Furthermore the night before, I already posted it but as another example of our luck I thought I would repost it, someone turkeyed my car. It didn't get egged it got Turkeyed!!! Well anyway...we are greatful that we made it home safely and that although trying nothing terrible happened. Thanks to everyone who made this a good Christmas. We are leaving on a cruise to the Carribean this week. We are so excited.
Hey this is Katie Moyes-now Williams! Your blog is great! YOu guys have a much better attitude then I would if someone backed up into my car then only to find I had a flat tire too!! I'm glad you two made it home safe-and a cruise coming up-how fun!!! YOu should check out our blog-we have one too!! It should link you to it by clicking on our name.
1 comment:
Hey this is Katie Moyes-now Williams! Your blog is great! YOu guys have a much better attitude then I would if someone backed up into my car then only to find I had a flat tire too!! I'm glad you two made it home safe-and a cruise coming up-how fun!!!
YOu should check out our blog-we have one too!! It should link you to it by clicking on our name.
Post a Comment