For lack of better things to write about, I must write about the weather. Whether (get it!) you know someone well enough to share your deepest secrets or you have just barely met them, the topic of weather is always available. There are sunny days, rainy days, windy days, snowy days and sometimes all of those combined days. It is a good topic for starting a conversations or even discussing the whys and reasons for not getting something done.
But here in St. George the weather is normally predictable and therefore a boring topic for conversation. Infact, the number one reason for moving to St. George is weather, and as boring of a topic as it might be, St. George is a great place to live. There is lots to do and plenty of things to see. Because the weather is sunny and normally warm during the winter, there are always outside adventures to go on. There are bicycle trails, hiking trails in Snow Canyon and Zions, running trails, ATV's and rock climbing.
However, yesterday and today have been quite different. Yesterday it rained and not just a little...It poured. Last night the wind was blowing and a storm rolled in. It has been snowing all afternoon. It is not sticking that much but it is still snowing. In a way, apart from the disruption from the norm and I am sure it will be the topic of discussion around all the elderly in the community, it is refreshing and nice. Sometime we miss the change of seasons...until I think about shoveling the walk and defrosting the everytime I stop to go somewhere.
For the lack of a better topic, here are some pictures of the weather and the views from the house we live in. We love it.
2 comments:
When did you guys move to St. George? Funny, I thought you were still in Lehi!
Ooooh! Pretty sunset! We miss you guys!
Post a Comment