Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Happenings in St. George


Since Lucy died everyone in my family has been missing her
It was only a matter of time before my parents got another dog.
We found Tilly on KSL.com, we aren't really sure why her family
wanted to give her away but we decided to take a chance. We went and
looked at her and met her family. Tilly is 3 years old and has had one
litter of pups, she is a full Boston Terrier. The day after we looked at her I asked my
dad if he was going to get her and he said she had been sold. I kind of figured he
he had been the one to buy her and he was just pulling my leg. I didn't
say anything because I didn't want to get my hopes up. Sure enough after
my parents went "to lunch" they came home with Tilly. Before Dad surprised us
Bryan and I thought we would be smart and surprise my parents with welcome
home signs for Tilly. So far she has been great! She is house broken, does several tricks and does not bark....at all! She is such a sweetie and kind of timid. She isn't much like Lucy, but we love having her around.


My dad with his new partner.


Bryan with Tilly


Tilly Girl!


My mom knows a lot about sewing and
worked hard to teach me and Bryan how to quilt.


Baby quilt making with mom. I have decided making baby
quilts is way too expensive! But fun to make, even Bryan
knows how to use the sewing machine.


My dad and Bryan were fighting over who got the
quilt so I decided to keep it for myself . Hi Tilly!


I finally finished my quilt that I started in 2002!


Laura and Dad out in beautiful St. George.

1 comment:

Saundra said...

Love the shirt your wearing with your quilt! I didn't know you took any pics of the kids while we were gone, so when I saw them it made me so happy. I am so glad you had fun with them even though it was hard work. I had a better vacation because I didn't have to worry about them at all. I knew they were in good hands with 2 of the people who love them as much as wes and I do.

You look really beautiful in all these pics. I looked way worse then you when I was pregnant.

Also, I have never allowed Jackson and London to make a fort that big--too much to clean up--so I am sure they were very very thrilled with you and were excited to do that. Thank you for cleaning that up at least before we got home...