Monday, April 28, 2008

Grand Canyon...Are you really there?

Saturday Laura and I decided that it would be fun to drive to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon.  We packed a lunch and some hiking shoes in case there was a trail to hike on.  The Grand Canyon is about 140 miles from St. George and the drive is pretty cool.  (Even through Colorado City).  I have never been to the Grand Canyon so I was really excited to see it.  Unfortunately, when we got to Jacob's Lake there were sign's posted that the North Rim of the Grand Canyon was CLOSED.  I was so bummed out.  Maybe one day I will find out if it is really there.  Anyway, I decided to keep going and we ended having a very scenic and fun ride to Page, Arizona where we stopped to get a Rainbow at RD's drive-in and Pizza at Strombolli's.  It was really good.  We headed home over the Glen Canyon dam and just enjoyed the drive.  




I was trying to hide the sucker for the picture but instead it looked like I was scratching.  Then the posing started and this is what the picture turned out to be.  

No comments: