Monday, August 24, 2009

What we have been up to?

School is OUT! So we are trying to enjoy the time while we have it. Breaks only last a few weeks so we have to make everyday a relaxing and fun day. I must say though that the relaxing part means sleeping in and not getting out of bed until noon (and sometimes even 1pm). Its nice to have some time to recover but it goes by way too fast. So what have we been doing:
Cleaning the apartment! We don't have a dishwasher...Life is rough!
Fixing our cars...which seem to always have something wrong with them. This time the brake lights will not turn off. We have been unplugging the battery to make sure we don't kill it and get stranded. I finally got creative with the duct tape and did a temporary fix until we can get the right part...because why would they have a 15 cent part here on the island :).
Hanging out and going for walks on the beach...One of our favorite things to do is just walking on the beach! Its relaxing and there are always things to see. Playing with the star fish. Laura and I love going on Sunday drives. We usually drive out to Rum Point. The drive is great and along the ocean most of the way. We normally stop at our favorite beach along the way and then we go to see the starfish!





The best part of being on vacation is
SNORKELING!
I have a blast everytime I go out. I always see the most interesting things and everytime seems so different from the last.

The squid were so awesome today! They were glowing and full of color. I am glad I had a camera to capture the moment because I don't know if anyone would believe me!

It seems that as of lately everytime I go out I see sharks. This is the nurse shark that came right up to me after being in the water for just 5 minutes. I did wig out for a minute but then it just swam away. I struggled to get a good picture because I was so nervous.
Then of course there are always the Sea Turtles! Its so awesome to see these out in the open. I have a blast chasing them and trying to catch them.


And last but not least watching the sunsets! They are spectacular here!

5 comments:

April Larsen said...

Wow, those underwater pics are amazing! You must have a good camera. And you're right, I wouldn't have believed that squid..it's beautiful! Also...congrats on the upcoming arrival!!

Amber said...

I know you are hard at work most the time, but it really just looks like you're living in paradise! And I don't think I could ever get sick of going for walks on the beach.

Heidy said...

Great Pictures you two! I can't wait until we have a minute to just catch up on life. I'v missed you guys.

Saundra said...

I love the pics of you guys and the starfish. You both look so gorgeous in all your pictures. I wanna hold a starfish!!! Your lives are so romantic-drives along the ocean, beautiful sunsets, colorful squids (that picture is awesome btw), turtles...what is not to like? You guys should consider staying for another year.....

Kate said...

Wow, what amazing pictures! What an awesome experience, too! Do you remember that dead starfish we, um, "caught" in the San Juan Islands over New Year's? Do you have a thing for starfish, Bryan? Never knew...