Saturday, July 12, 2008

I've got crabs!

It's been awhile since I have found anything to post but I thought I would write a little bit about the waves of wildlife that exist here.  When I first got here, there were a lot of iguana's everywhere.  Then those went away and the frogs came out.  I thought they were annoying because they make noise all night long.  After the frogs came the bugs and ones that I have never seen before.  Next geckos (I think).   Then over the past few weeks its been CRABS!  They are literally everywhere.  On the beach, roads and even in my room!  This little guy got in my room through the light fixture.  I put them in bags to take them out.


This one was trying to sneak in through the back door of the building.  I know they seem small and the ones getting in my room are but that because they fit.  The huge ones get squished on the road or stay by the ocean.  I was told crab season was almost over so I am excited to see whats next.  
Sunsets are always peaceful and nice here.  
This is Christina and Andy who are some of the people in my class.  Just thought I needed to add a picture of myself since I never take my camera anywhere.  

4 comments:

Saun and Wes said...

Oh yeah! You are alive! I haven't heard from you in a while. We love it when you post stuff cause it's always interesting! Those cute little crabs. You should keep them for a pet! And that sunset is gorgeous!

The Lowes said...

Wow! What a beautiful place to be going to school! Hopefully, there will not be an infestation of cicadas. Marcus says they are the most annoying but because of there constant high pitch sound. He had one living under his bed on his mission(South Carolina) for about a week until he figured out what it was.

Brenden, Lorie and Our Girls said...

There you are Bryan. Haven't heard anything from you in a while. I think I would go crazy with creatures all over my house. NO, I KNOW I WOULD!

Ally said...

You can keep the crabs but we will take the sunsets. Hope all is well. We will get our pictures on soon I hope. Ron, Irene and Daisy are here for a visit and we are having a great time. Laura call us. The Temple is beautiful.