Friday, August 1, 2008

The Golden Nugget

Since arriving in Cayman, I haven't really been sure what to do about transportation. So I thought I would try out the bike for a while.  After about a week of riding the bus everyday I ran down to the store and bought a beach cruiser with a basket so I could put stuff in it.  (I get made fun of a lot.  In fact one guy told me I was the wrong age and gender for the bike...lol...I told him that at least it takes a bike to make me look like the wrong age and gender!...he doesn't talk to me anymore...oh well!).  
Riding a bike in cayman has been interesting because there is a lot of "bike traffic" as the locals also ride bikes to work in the morning.  Sometimes its windy outside as well which make the ride 3 times harder.   My bike and I have had kind of a roller coaster relationship as well.  After having it for about 3 weeks, someone stole my seat while I was in class.  I ended it riding it standing up for about three days until I had time to go to the store and buy a new one.  So I bought a really comfy gel filled seat.  It feels nice.  Then of course there is the flat tire issue....I actually am greatful that I didn't buy a bike with gears for that specific reason.  I have been lucky with the tropical storms as well.  They seem to hit either at night or while I am in class, so I have never gotten completely soaked.  Anyway,  just a little more about my life here in Grand Cayman.

5 comments:

Bryan and Laura Taylor said...

B- you're feet are tan, that is the first time I haven't been blinded by them, haha. Love you

Jordan said...

That is one beautifull bike. I like!!! Miss you Luvs!!!

Saun and Wes said...

Sweet Bike! I love it! And I think you look very sexy standing next to it!

Brenden, Lorie and Our Girls said...

That is a sweet ride, where can I get me one of those!

Your BFF Sandy said...

Hey! That Bike is soooo You!! Muah!