Wednesday, May 13, 2009

HOMESICK!!

Now that Bryan is back in school I am lonely again and so then of course I think about home and when I think about home I think about my family and then I am HOMESICK! Some of my close friends may remember me having a hard time at sleep overs when I was young because I got homesick over the night and my sweet mom would have to get up in the middle of the night and come get me. It is probably a good thing I am an ocean away so she has a good excuse when I call her crying.

Me on Bryan's favorite truck on my dad's farm.
Fully loaded baked potatoe anyone?...anyone? I even miss the smell of rotten taters.


One of my favorite things ever is going to the farm with my dad on Sunday mornings before church. Can you believe this stack of potatoes is 15 feet deep?


Has anyone NOT seen my mom in this exact position doing this exact thing? I didn't think so. I think my siblings and I have over hundreds of pictures of this scenerio. This little couch in my mom's kitchen sure has a lot of mother napping miledge on it. I MISS MY MOM!

I MISS MY DAD!!




3 comments:

Jen said...

Thanks Laura.... I am homesick now too! It stinks being away from home. At the same time, it is fun seeing new things and making new friends. I do miss Idaho, the smell of potatoes, the open spaces, and mostly hanging out with family. It is a good thing we can keep in touch so easy. Hope you have a good week!

David and Shalynna said...

I'm sorry you are homesick! I know the feeling. Go to Hurley's grocery store. You'll feel like you are kind of in the states. OR see a movie and pretend like you are home. I'm going to see Hannah Montana with a bunch of little girls on Friday- you are welcome to come. :)

Texas Jacksons said...

Ahhh, don't be sad little Lar! You're living in the f-ing Caymans! Are you gonna be in Utah in July by chance? Let me know I'm going up for four weeks, it would be fun to get together!