Bosch Whole Wheat Bread
(Bosch mixer not required)
5 ½ C Warm Water
5 C Whole Wheat Flour
2/3 C Oil
2/3 C Honey or ½ C Xagava
2/3 C Applesauce
2 T Dough Enhancer
2 T Vital Wheat Gluten
2 T Yeast
2 T Real Salt
10-15 C Whole Wheat Flour
I use a kitchenaid mixer and it won’t hold this size of bread batch so I half it or three-quarter it.
In a Mixer add water, Yeast, Oil, Hondy, Applesauce, Gluten, Enhancer, and 5 C Wheat Flour
Use the slow to medium setting to incorporate.
Turn speed to slow and add 1 C of Flour at a time with Salt till the Dough scrapes away from the edges.
Once the bowls edges are clean Knead on speed 1 for 6 min.
Remove and shape into pans let rise and Bake at 350 for 30-35 min or till internal temp reaches 190-200.
Side note:
I love the dough enhancer, and vital wheat gluten, it makes the dough fool proof! And you can also use the dough enhancer in a variety of other doughs.
I was having a problem with my loaves cracking as they baked and I learned that if you put the raised loaves in the oven and then turn the oven on the dough is less likely to crack. Just add about 5 minutes to the cooking time.
If I half the recipe it makes 2 large loaves.
3 comments:
That sounds amazing! Your little belly is so cute! How much longer do you have? I am so excited for you guys!
Sounds Yummy!!! I will have to try it when I get home...I don't have bread pans here. I loved the pictures of your baby shower. Your little belly is so cute. I can't wait to finally see your sweet little girl. We miss you guys, but I am so glad you are loving being home. Hopefully see you soon!
Yay!!! I am so excited to make it. Where do i get the vital wheat gluten and the dough enhancer? Is that at the reg grocery store or the health food store? Is it obvious that i haven't made bread for a REALLY REALLY long time!! Well, I can't wait until you have little Lola and i hope you are doing and feeling great!
Post a Comment