Ever since our cruise in January, where our excursion to Sting Ray City got cancelled, I have wanted to do this. A bunch of students got together and was given a discounted rate so I went. Its amazing how these sting rays just come up and put their wings on you. They give you squid to feed them and they just suck it out of your hand like a vacuum. The of them feel like sand paper and their undersides are really soft. Anyway, it was a great time. I am still sad that everyone missed out on it during the cruise. It definitely would have been the most fun thing we did. After playing with sting rays we did some snorkeling along the barrier reef. It was great. We saw a huge five foot electric eel, some conchs, some huge parrot fish (about the size of my torso) and a bunch of other things. The great thing about this reef was that it was mostly all still alive. When we snorkeling in Key West most of the reef was dead. This was much better. Anyway here are the picks.

You get seven years good luck for kissing a sting ray. Hope its true!!


4 comments:
Looks like you are having too much fun. We are looking forward to visiting you. Keep studying hard and be proud of your accomplishments. We love you. Hey, do they have church there?
Wow! Every time you post pics I get more and more jealous-mostly cause we had that in our reach in January and that moment has come and gone! Those sting-rays are huge! And you are too! You look so buff. If I was that sting ray, I would have wanted to kiss you too.
-Saun
are you really going to school there? looks like a lot of play and not much work.
You are getting to see some awesome marine creatures! I hope things are going well. Enjoy that tropical land while you can.
Post a Comment