Sunday, May 4, 2008

The Turtle Farm!!!

Today was a really fun day.  I was able to go to the Turtle Farm.  Its the only place in the world where they breed turtles.  They have released over 31,000 turtle into the ocean since the 80s.  Its a great place to do something unique because they let you pick up the turtles (the little ones anyway).  Most of the turtles on the farm are really big.  Some are over 4.5 feet long.  We also bought turtle food.  It smelled like dog food, which it might have been.  When you hold your hand over the water all the turtle come over to get the food and then they reach out their necks and chomp it down.  Its also really cool to see them breathe.  They gasp for air when they come to the surface and blow water out their noses.   I guess they can hold their breathe for twelve hours.  Anyway, I hope you enjoy the pictures.   





4 comments:

Saun and Wes said...

Isn't this the place we went on our cruise? That place was so fun. I loved seeing those turtles. I can't believe you are there again and that you live there. Nice pics.

Saun and Wes said...

I waaaaaannnnnnnnna goooooooooooo!
I jealous!!!!
-Saun

Brenden, Lorie and Our Girls said...

that looks like fun....my girls would love it.

Texas Jacksons said...

Lar! It's Bre, I saw your blog on Mandy's blog. How are you? Are you in the Caymans? If you are, I've been to that exact turtle farm. If you are therer you need to go to stingray island, it's so fun/freaky. Give me a shout back, I'd love to catch up. tylerbrejackson.blogspot.com