Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Update on Laura and myself

I obviously was not there for the surgery but I thought that I would make a quick update. Laura is out of surgery now is staying the night in the hospital for recovery. She was under for a couple of hours which was longer then what they expected. I am not sure as to the exact details of why she was under for that amount of time. They wanted to keep her overnight just to ensure that everything was healing properly. When I talked to her on the phone she was pretty coherent, however you could tell they were "treating her well" w/ pain killers. The doctor said the stones were BIG, so I guess it was time for them to come out. From what I have learned about gallstones in my classes she had a pretty terrible case. It makes me sad she has gone so long with them because she has been passing them for quite some time. Hopefully the next few days will be easy on her. I miss you Laura and hope you recover soon.

As for me, today was a pretty rough day. Apart from worrying about Laura being under the knife, I had three exams and one yesterday. They were all pretty brutal but I must say they were also very fair. Its hard to say how well I did on them, however I am hoping to have the same turn out as last time. Only time will tell. As far as the island life goes, its great in Grand Cayman. The weather is hot and humid, but the beach is just 50 ft away! Sorry I don't have any pictures but if I were to have taken pictures they would be pretty boring.

1 comment:

Brenden, Lorie and Our Girls said...

I pleased Laura is doing well. She is very brave. I hope all this will get her feeling better soon. Good to hear from you Bryan. I'm sure your working your tail end off. Miss you guys!!