Thursday, April 23, 2009

Can't Wait to Go Back!

As I posted earlier, I have been able to do a lot of snorkeling since I am on break from school. Our friends that live on the north side of the island really enjoy snorkeling as well. Fornately for me, they also live by one of the best reefs around the island. We have a really great time every time we go out. Its such an adventure and we are constantly seeing new and different things everytime we go out.

Jeff is good at finding the sharks that hide under the coral. He found 2 this last time we were out.
The scenery is incredible!

There are so many kinds and colors of fish!

This is a pretty blurry picture of a green moray eel but it has a story behind it. I never expected to ever see one of these, however as we were coming back to shore I spotted it sitting in some sea grass. I was pretty nervous because they are so creepy looking. By the time I got my camera oriented good enough to take a picture, it decided that it had enough and proceeded to swim straight at me with its mouth wide open. As a result my picture turned out pretty blurry! But I guess, it not only captures the eel but also the fear and intensity of the moment. Once I got over what had just happened, we started to swim after him to get a better picture. Unfortunately we couldn't get him to stop long enough to take the shot. This is what it actually would have looked like had I not chickened out as it was coming to eat me! http://www.sheddaquarium.org/images/articles/Green_Moray_Eel_0578.JPG

And here is a video of a guy who got his thumb bitten off by one if you are interested. It pretty cool. Make sure to watch all the way to the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bsbdrx-sOXo

I cant wait to go back!

2 comments:

David and Shalynna said...

You guys are bloggaholics lately. I love it!

If you notice that I checked your blog at 6:47 AM, you are right. Who cares if I like to sit in bed for a little while, blog stalk, and what not?

Heidy said...

I can't believe that youtube video of the guy getting his thum bit off. Yikes!!! I'm glad you are enjoying the break!!