Most of you know that I have been working in Grand Cayman for 3 weeks now. It has been a great experience to work with a variety of people and I have been able to see a lot of patients who haven't had their teeth cleaned in a long long time. In this pictures you can see the build up of calculus (a mixture of a bunch of junk but mostly bacteria) and I LOVE it when I have a patient like this because it is so fun to clean! The chunks just fly off and I can almost hear their gums singing songs of thanks to me. Ha ha, seriously love the calculus builders. Black people have such beautiful big teeth but a lot of them, espeically if they are from Jamaica, haven't had dental treatment. Luckily it is a government law that every employee on the island has to have insurance. Monday, February 2, 2009
Dental Calculus, my favorite!
Most of you know that I have been working in Grand Cayman for 3 weeks now. It has been a great experience to work with a variety of people and I have been able to see a lot of patients who haven't had their teeth cleaned in a long long time. In this pictures you can see the build up of calculus (a mixture of a bunch of junk but mostly bacteria) and I LOVE it when I have a patient like this because it is so fun to clean! The chunks just fly off and I can almost hear their gums singing songs of thanks to me. Ha ha, seriously love the calculus builders. Black people have such beautiful big teeth but a lot of them, espeically if they are from Jamaica, haven't had dental treatment. Luckily it is a government law that every employee on the island has to have insurance.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love Calculus!
Post a Comment