Saturday, February 21, 2009

One of my most cherished things on this island.

January was a hard month for me to be here because Bryan went back to school and I had a week all alone all day and all night and I didn't want to drive anywhere because I am bad a driving on the wrong side of the road. There really isn't anywhere to go here even if I did want to drive somewhere. I just read and laid out by the pool and drove myself to bordom! When I started work things got better, but I was still lonely every night. Luckily I got to know quite a few people from the ward and I immediatley started to look forward to each time I got to see these girls. The church not only blesses us with the true gospel (aka happiness) but it also sets us up to have friends anywhere we go in the world. This night we got together at Denet's house for dinner. It was so fun! I think Bryan is more grateful for this network then I am because it makes me so happy for days after I see them. 2 of the wives in this picture have husbands that are in school with Bryan. Truely, my favorite thing on this island.
Tall row:Holly, Keiren, Shalayna, Heidy, Denet, Laura
Short row: Allie, Kaity

Jeff, Austin and Bryan. Future Doctors!

1 comment:

David and Shalynna said...

This really was a fun night and I agree with you, the branch is the most cherished thing on this island. It is what I'll miss most when we leave. David and I love the last picture. We think that Austin looks like Katie and Jeff looks like Porter in it. I guess they are so smiley that it makes them look like kids again! Bryan looks like himself- but maybe that's because you don't have kids yet to compare him too. :)